4 year old children start full time in the autumn term of the academic year in which they become five – this allows us to provide full-time education to all children before they move up to Year 1 of the Primary School.
Our admission number is 60.
The Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) School Admissions Team manage admissions into our Reception Classes. Please contact them directly for information and guidance on the school admissions process:
The criteria that the local authority uses when allocating places is as follows (in order of priority):
- Children with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan that names the school
- Children who are looked after by a local authority within the meaning of section 22 of the Children Act 1989 at the time of their application or previously looked after children
- Disabled children who need to admitted to a school on the grounds of physical accessibility
- Children who live in the designated area and have a brother or sister on roll at the time of application who will still be attending at the time of entry
- Children who live in the designated area
- Children living outside the designated area who have a brother or sister on roll at the time of application who will still be attending at the time of entry
- Those children who live closest to the school
We accept in-year transfers into all year groups if there is space (we have capacity for 60 children in each year group). The Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) School Admissions Team manage admissions into all our year groups and have the latest information on which year groups have space.
You may appeal for a place at the school if you have not been offered a place. The Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) School Admissions Team manage the appeals process for places at John Hampden School. The following link takes you to the OCC School Admissions Appeals page. This includes information on how to appeal, the timeline for appeals and an appeal application form.
Children are admitted part-time (15 hours) to John Hampden Nursery the term after the child’s 3rd birthday. Sessions are provided in two blocks:
1) Mon (all day), Tues (all day) and Wed (am).
2) Wed (pm), Thurs (all day) and Fri (all day)
We have capacity for 26 children in each nursery block and we follow the Oxfordshire County Council Nursery School Admissions Procedures.
Nursery admissions are managed in school by Nikki Moignard.
Telephone: 01844 212291